2013年9月25日星期三

Switch to Shep Dog Food

If you’ve been reading Fake-It Frugal for a while, you’ve met my very good Scottie Dog, Reagan:





For years, I fed him Iams dry food.  Why?  I’m not sure.  I guess that’s the first kind I purchased when we moved from wet puppy food to kibble.  He seemed to like it, so I stuck with it.  Too bad it’s so darn expensive!










Credit



I’ve seen the Shep brand dog food in Aldi for a while.  I was hesitant to try it because the bag is ENORMOUS and I was afraid that my dog wouldn’t like it and I’d be stuck with a big bag of kibble.  I decided to talk to the staff and ask them what they’d heard about Shep brand.  My favorite cashier told me that her dog loves it, but not to worry – if my dog didn’t like it, I could bring it back to the store for a full refund.  Well, I had nothing to lose at that point!


Here’s a picture showing how large the bag is – it’s 20 lbs!  (I have no idea who that friendly gentleman is, but he’s doing a great job showing the size of the bag!)









Credit

Well, the result was extremely positive!  Reagan loved the new kibble.  We are even able to pass off a few pieces of Shep kibble as a “treat” that he’ll do tricks over!  Now, I’m no expert on dog food, but I am an expert on Reagan and I can report that since he’s been eating the Shep kibble for about 3 months he actually seems more active and wanting to play than he did previously.  






The Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:



Shep Brand Dog Kibble ($ 8.00 for 20 lbs), lasts 28 lb dog 3 months.



Total Fake-It Cost:  $ 32.00/Year’s worth of dog food



Compare to Iams Brand Dry Dog Chunks:  ($ 20.99 for 17.5 lbs), lasts 28 lb dog 2.5 months.



Total Fake-It Savings:  $ 68.75





That, with the savings of making my own Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits and Home Grooming, and I’m saving tons of money on my fur baby!  



Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today’s Creative Blog, The Frugal Girls, and these other Great Parties!

没有评论:

发表评论